A year ago, we announced that we had established a new partnership with a travel consultant, Jane Sheffield, of Travel Counsellors. Just a bit of background: Travel Counsellors are a unique network of 1900 homeworking professionals, pooling their destination knowledge. They have won many awards including Best National Travel Retailer in 2020, and Martin Lewis ranked them number 1 for customer experience during COVID in 2020.
Key factors influenced our decision:
- Travel Counsellors offer a personalised service, therefore Jane can provide as much, or as little hand holding, as you require.
- We wanted a service which was financially secure, and we believe Travel Counsellors offer that as your bookings are protected by their unique financial protection trust, which is recognised as the best in the travel industry - we are assured that VETTS will have the best protection.
- Jane will take time to get to know you and tailor your trip / holiday to your personal requirements
- An added bonus is the ‘my TC’ app, which enables VETTS to access all their itineraries, travel documents and travel information at the touch of a button. E.g. Information on delays, cancellations etc. It also allows you to contact Jane easily from anywhere in the world.
- In addition, there is a 24 hour duty office for peace of mind during your trip
We have briefed Jane on the forthcoming Worlds in Muscat and Europeans in Norway, and asked her to start to pull together ideas. The Rimini announcement is hot off the press, but we are liaising with Jane to see what advice can be shared re accommodation and flights.
As a reminder: Muscat 2023 is being held at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre, in the Country's Capital City of Oman – “a world class facility that has an auditorium which seats 3,200 delegates, over 55 meeting areas plus 22,000 square meters of competition space.”
Using Muscat as an example, Jane can offer the following services:
- Helping to select and book your hotel: The organisers are recommending 3 hotels which are close to the venue, but there are many other options available which can be personalised to your needs.
- Advising on and booking flights
- Proposing and booking optional excursions e.g. to see coral reefs, dolphins and sand dunes
- Maximising your trip by twinning your holiday with places like Dubai, Sri Lanka, Abu Dhabi, Maldives, Mauritius or Zanzibar
- Managing all the payments for your trip from accommodation, flights through to excursions and transfers etc.
Jane's Contact Details:
Mobile: 07738 293213
Land Line: 01206 960068
E Mail: email@example.com
You can also follow Jane on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JaneSheffieldTC