VBL - Weekend 1 - CANCELLED

Please see announcement from TTE.

VBL (1) Cancelled. Unfortunately, but understandably, the first VBL weekend has had to be cancelled.

Message from TTE which has gone to VBL team managers today is reproduced below.

Dear .....

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, it is not possible for the first weekend of the Veterans British League to run. The local authority that manages the venue have taken the decision to close it until the end of October 2020 and this means weekend 1 will not be able to take place as planned on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 October 2020. The committee have been investigating different options but unfortunately have been unable to identify an alternative venue of appropriate size in a similar geographical location.

At the moment we are still planning for weekend 2 of the competition, due to take place in February 2021. At the current time teams will not be issued with a refund on entry fees - these will be carried forward to weekend 2 and you will not asked for the additional 50%. If for whatever reason weekend 2 cannot go ahead as planned teams will be issued a refund of their fees. More information about our cancellation and refund policy can be found here.

I understand the news will be disappointing but I hope that teams can understand this season will look a little different to what has come before. We are continuing to plan and look forward to welcoming you back to weekend 2 in February 2021. In the mean time if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch and thank you for your understanding.

(Refund policy here:

« Back

» News archive