News

VETTS Coronavirus Update 18.29 12th March

VETTS and Corona Virus (Statement from Executive Committee)

 

We are aware that many of our members are anxious about our tournaments and whether they will go ahead or not. We are also aware that we have a responsibility to our members on many different levels.

But it would be irresponsible of the Committee to take a knee-jerk decision - one way or another - without taking on board the best advice from a number of authorities, including the Government and other sports' governing bodies.

At the moment, we are assessing the information that has just been announced and will respond in more detail tomorrow (March 13, 2020).

Please, be assured that we will try to answer the issues which have been raised by our members. We know that there are time pressures on this - but it is better to make the right decision tomorrow, than the wrong one tonight.

« Back

» News archive