As we explained in our VETTS Covid Statement, we are constantly monitoring the situation. In addition to following guidance from the UK Government and Table Tennis England, we are also liaising with our equipment suppliers and venues.
Our suppliers are looking at the way in which other countries are handling the phased return to competitive play, and we are in constant contact. Things to consider: Court sizes, Cleansing of tables and barriers – how and when? Use of Scoring machines – probably not. Having one chair per player? And so on.
Here is the current position from one of our key partners: Aldersley Leisure Village in Wolverhampton:
- Aldersley Leisure Village is currently a temporary Food Distribution Hub serving citizens across the City.
- The project is due to end in the middle of July and we also plan to start and re-open WV Active leisure centres around that time with a phased return plan. We have got to put new strict measures in place to ensure we are Covid-Secure and maintain social distancing with one-way systems through our buildings.
- We will start with outdoor activities such as Tennis, then Gym and Classes with small numbers, then indoor racket sports in August and finally Swimming in September.
- At this moment in time the Council have no plans to hold any events, competitions or social gatherings this calendar year. However, as the Government continues to relax measures we will keep you up to date with our plans around this.
- I’m sorry I can’t give you better assurances at the moment.
So, we will continue to plan on your behalf, but things are very fluid.