Latest NewsUPDATED April 12th 2015
Users of this website, may need to do a "CTRL F5" to clear their cache out, as some pages are not being refreshed and are displaying old content.
Mike Watts Award
A reminder that nominations are required by 12th June 2015
Latest VETTS Rankings
Updated from Northern Masters
- (06-04-15) VETTS Southern Masters Report
- (06-04-15) Obituary Elsie Carrington - in Obituary list
- (06-04-15) From Eileen Shaler (VETTS General Secretary)
Owing to the fact that there is no newsletter now, until the Nationals, we have decided to extend the dates for the following:
11.1 Proposals for changes, now need to be with the General Secretary by April 14th and notified to members by May 21st.
11.2 Amendments or alternative proposals, dealing with the same subject matter must reach the General Secretary by May 31st
- (03-04-15) Q Hotels
Recently the VETTS received this list of hotels, which might be of interest to follow up, as to their suitablty.
- (03-04-15) A VETTS Defibrillator
From Susie Hughes, Deputy Chair The VETTS is going to buy its own defibrillator and we are asking our players to support it by digging deep to donate raffle prizes and buy raffle tickets at the Western. The defib will be available immediately at all our tournaments in the event of a cardiac emergency. We hope it lies in its box gathering dust for many years to come, but just in case, this would give anyone suffering a cardiac arrest at a tournament the best chance of survival and recovery. Sandra Rider is going to run the 'defib raffle' at the Western so please donate any prizes (unwanted gifts, etc) to her and buy your raffle tickets from her and her band of merry helpers. We'll try to organise demonstrations of how to use one at the Nationals.....more of that later. Thanks to Sue Collier, Andy Eagles and Krishna Hooton, for driving this forward with their specialist medical knowledge and detailed research. We estimate it will cost less than £1k to buy, and a small amount of annual running costs. A small price to pay if it saves a life one day.
- (02-04-15) "Table Tennis News"
TTN ran from 1935-2010
This is a link to all of those past issues
Also available as a link, at the bottom of this page
- (30-03-15) VETTS Western Masters Groups
- (30-03-15) 2016 WVC dates - Note Change of Dates
Playing days have been changed to start on Tuesday and close on Sunday instead of Monday – Saturday.
- (29-03-15) VETTS Eastern Masters November 2015 - Note Change of Dates (on RHS)
VETTS National Masters (Members Only)
Entry Form Now Available
- (18-03-15 - Updated)
The VETTS Constitution is now available on this website. If anyone wants to put forward proposals to change the 'Constitution and Rules', these have to be submitted in writing with the General Secretary by March 31 (see Point 11).
From - Eileen Shaler General Secretary
Just a reminder to members - check with the following sections in the Constitution:
Section 5 regarding Officers notably 5.2 Elections -
The elections this year -
1) President (Currently - Derek Schofield);
2) Deputy Chairman (Currently - Susie Hughes);
3) General Secretary (Currently - Eileen Shaler);
4) Membership Secretary (Currently - Val Murdoch);
5.3 Nominations for the above.
Section 11.1 and 11.2 - Details regarding any proposals for alterations to rules.
World Vets TT Championships (Spain 2016)
Click here for further details on hotels etc. from Roy Norton
Sep 28 - Oct 3rd 2015 21st Int.Veterans Tournament
Click here for further details on hotels etc. from Roy Norton
(Note: Further details on tournament in "Vets International Calendar", at bottom of page)
VETTS Western Masters Dinner - Update information
Latest information from Martin Gunn (Organiser)
Dinner is now FULL!
As of this morning's post the dinner event to be held at the VETTS Western masters is now FULL. Any application going forward for the dinner will be placed on a waiting list.
Alternatively, there will be a limited number of "entertainment only" tickets available (28) at a cost of £10. This will entitle you to entry to the after dinner talk by Matthew, and DJ. Entrance will be permitted to the room after 9pm for these people.
VETTS have the use of a private bar for the entire evening and all attendees, dinner ticket holders and entertainment only holders are welcome.
I will contact the first 28 applications received, via email, to ascertain if they wish to accept "the entertainment only" option.
I will also contact via email all successful and non successful applicants within the next 48 hours.
Thank you for your support everyone.
Current Vacancies in VETTS
VETTS Treasurer required
The VETTS would like to find a member who would volunteer his or her services to be our Treasurer. They would work as part of the seven-strong Executive Committee and would be responsible for the finances of our Society. Ideally, someone with accountancy experience. Many thanks, we appreciate the efforts of all our volunteers and hope that someone will step forward to take on this role.
Social Secretary Required
Midlands Tournament Organiser Required
Southern Tournament Organiser Required
For any of these roles, please contact Roy Norton, Chairman of the VETTS, on 07973 182494 for more information.
- (21-02-15) VETTS Western Masters Entry Form
- (21-02-15) VETTS Western Masters - An Evening with Matthew Syed
Matthew Syed will be speaking at the dinner at Western VETTS Masters in Thornbury on Saturday, April 11, 2015. Plan at the moment is dinner/buffet and Matthew as after dinner speaker. He's also intending to play in the tournament. After such a show of support from members for this, we hope many people will be attending. More details in the attached flyer - also attached to Entry Form.
European Vets Championships
Just to confirm that this tournament are using "Stiga Plastic T.T. Balls"
- (24-12-14) Flanders International Tournament (August 14th - 18th August 2015)
- (23-12-14) Tibhar Vets Tournament Invitation (July 31st - 2nd August 2015)
- (23-12-14) Tibhar Vets Tournament Registration Form (July 31st - 2nd August 2015)
- (09-12-14) Bavarian Vets Tournament (14-17th May 2015) - Invitation
- (09-12-14) Bavarian Vets Tournament (14-17th May 2015) - Registration
- (09-12-14) Bavarian Vets Tournament (14-17th May 2015) - Lodge Party
- (24-11-14) Notes on calculations of moving O40 Players to O50 Players list
TAMPERE, FINLAND - 29th June - 4th July 2015
A message from Doreen Schofield
The first closing date for Registrations for Finland 2015 have now been extended. Anyone still wishing to register can do so until 16th December 2014 at the earlier price.
Their website is still: www.evttc2015.com
Please note - our VETTS registrations have already closed.
- (05-11-14) Six Nations Perth Sept. 2014
Currently the Six Nations Website is being updated, for further details contact the administrator.
- (28-10-14) Vets International Team Event (July 2015) - Information
- (13-10-14) Sardinian Vets Tournament 24-26th April 2015
- (25-09-14) Changes to VETTS Championship Regulations - Amended (25/9/14)
- (18-09-14) For those visiting Hungary for a holiday - TT Training available
European Vets - Travel Information from Roy Norton
Click Here, for further information)
1, You can book your flights ,transfers and hotel from Steve at Travel Places
2 You can book your our fights and book the hotel though me or Travel Places a £50 deposit in required per person the price will be the same.
If you require to know anything about the flights contact Steve at Travel places or anything about the Hotel contact me on 07973182494
- (15-08-14) Use of Plastic Balls - Questions & Answers
- (15-08-14) Details on the new ETTA Ranking list
See link at bottom of page
- (04-07-14) The ITTF and the ETTU have announced their intention to introduce the new so-called plastic ball which will replace the celluloid ball this summer. Table Tennis England has issued a statement that it intends to use the plastic ball at National Championships and Grand Prix events for the forthcoming season. It has asked leagues and other bodies, such as the VETTS, to implement the change no later than July 2015. http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/news/plastic-ball-table-tennis-england-statement/
As a result of this information and other concerns, such as stocks of supply and possible shortages of the new balls, the VETTS will continue to use the celluloid ball for its Masters events for the forthcoming season. The new ball will be introduced at the July Hinckley ratings tournament 2015 and thereafter used for subsequent VETTS events.
- (25-06-14) Use of Plastic Balls - Statement by TTE
- (16-11-13) Where Are They Now? A Search For Past TT Players (From 1974)
- (16-11-13) European Vets 2015 (Tampere, Finland) Website
- (16-11-13) ETTA Grand Prix Tournaments, Reminder that Vets events take place at these tournaments
Diary Dates / Forms
- VETTS Western Masters - 11/12th April 2015 (Thornbury)
- VETTS National Championships - 9/10th May 2015 (Tipton)
- European Vets - Monday June 29th- Saturday July 4th 2015 - Finland (Tampere)
- Vets Rating Tournament - Saturday 11th July 2015 (Hinckley)
- VETTS AGM - Sunday 12th July 2015 (Hinckley Island Hotel)
- VETTS North-Eastern Masters - Saturday/Sunday 5/6th September 2015 (Sunderland)
- VETTS Midland Masters - Saturday/Sunday - 17/18th October 2015 (Tipton)
- VETTS Eastern Masters - Saturday/Sunday - 21/22nd November 2015 (Norwich)
- VETTS Southern Masters - Saturday/Sunday - 13/14th February 2016 (Crawley)
VETTS English Society
The VETTS Committee (2014-15)